Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) Management
- Online (Microsoft Teams)
- +971 562069465
Velosi is conducting online training for Safety Instrumented Systems Management Course.
Safety Instrumented Systems (IS) are put in place to monitor the condition of values and parameters of a plant so that when a risk condition occurs, they must trigger alarms and place the plant in a safe condition. It is therefore important for plant managers to stay up to date with applicable functional safety standards in order to determine precisely how much effort to put into each part of the safety life-cycle.
This Velosi Safety Instrumented Systems Management Training is designed to give participants an understanding of the core principles of functional safety so that they can make informed decisions on risk parameters and design options relating to the SIS.
By completing this course, participants will be able to:
- understand recent standards, guidelines, and recommended practices,
- understand main elements of a typical SIS, which includes fault-tolerant architectures of safety instrumented functions (SIF),
- evaluate process risk levels & determine Safety Integrity Levels (SILs), and
- understand the principles of regular inspection and proof testing of SIF and SIS.
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team Meeting, online. Meeting invites will be shared on the day before the first day of training.
This is a 03-day course from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (Dubai Time)
- Presentation Slides
- Study References
Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive a “Safety Instrumented Systems Management Course Completion” certificate.
Individuals holding the following job functions are highly recommended to join the course:
- plant managers who are responsible for managing functional safety involving Safety Instrumented Systems,
- process engineers, electrical, instrument, operations & maintenance personnel in the process industry who are involved in the design, operation and maintenance of plants employing Safety Instrumented Systems, and
- project engineers and managers, health & safety professionals.
Group Discount (same company only)
- 15% Discount for groups of 5 or more.
- 10% Discount for groups of 3-4.
- Sign up for 2 courses and get an extra 10% off
- Sign up for 3 courses and get an extra 15% off
Module 1: Introduction to safety and the safety instrumented system life-cycle
Module 2: Guidelines and standards
Module 3: Functional safety management, audit and assessment
Module 4: Hazard, risk and SIL determination
Module 5: SIS design, engineering, installation and commissioning
Module 6: Modes of operation and associated Target Failures Measures
Module 7: Hardware Safety Integrity, Systematic Safety Integrity
Module 8: Operation and maintenance of safety instrumented systems.
|January 17, 2022||January 19, 2022||Completed||Training|
|December 7, 2021||December 9, 2021||Completed||Training|