Bearings, Lubrication & Gearboxes Training
- Online (Microsoft Teams)
- +971 562069465
Velosi is conducting training for Bearing, Lubrication, and Gearboxes.
Bearing, lubrication, and gearboxes are important factors to consider in equipment/rotating equipment. Bearing and lubrication principles provide well-defined techniques that play an important role in reducing operating and energy costs, eventually extending the asset lifecycle.
This extensive course will set forth an opportunity for participants to gain up-to-date knowledge and a practical understanding of different aspects of mechanical seals. A thorough understanding of mechanical seals for pump and compressor applications will be conveyed, following recent design approaches such as dry mechanical seals. Moreover, this course will cover the basic concept of coupling systems and shaft alignment.
Velosi's comprehensive training course will provide the participants with robust technical and practical insight into lubrication systems of different equipment. It will also portray an emphasis on technical specifications of lubrication, bearing, and gearboxes.
By the end of this course, participants will learn to:
- Determine and analyze different types of bearing components.
- Classify and characterize how to implement proper bearing and lubrication countering different situations.
- Identify and analyze shaft and housing fits of bearing.
- Effectively determine bearing life, and analyze causes of sudden bearing, and gear failures.
- Portray a clear understanding of types of seals and their operation and maintenance strategies.
- Carefully study and analyze testing methods of seals.
- Thoroughly understand API flush plans
- Understand Gear stress analysis, rating, and measurement
- Identify various types of industrial gearboxes.
- Efficiently conduct failure analysis, condition monitoring, and proper handling to protect bearing life.
- Illustrate accurate precision alignment, mounting, and dismounting procedures.
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team meeting. Meeting invites will be shared one day before the first day of training.
Face-to-face training is available as per request.
05 Days training from 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM GST (UAE Time).
- Presentation Slides
- Training Recordings
- Study References
Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive a “Bearings, Lubrication & Gearboxes course completion” certificate.
This course is appropriate for a wide range of professionals but is not limited to:
- Mechanical engineers, superintendents, and supervisors
- Hydraulics engineers, plant engineers, material engineers
- Supervisors and technicians
15% Discount for groups of 5 or more.
10% Discount for groups of 3-4.
Sign up for 2 courses and get an extra 10% off
Sign up for 3 courses and get an extra 15% off
Introduction to Bearings
- Concept of bearings
- Functionality and factors affecting types of bearings
- Friction bearings and frictionless bearings
- Overview of Tapered land and tilting pads thrust bearings
- Magnetic bearings and journal-bearing materials
Overview of Failure Analysis of Anti-friction Bearing
- Failure analysis of bearings/plain bearings
- Understanding of lubrication & lubricants-types and analysis
- Different types of lubrications: Principle hydrostatic, hydrodynamic, and squeeze film
- Specification and application of mineral and synthetic lube oils
- Types and application of greases plus additives specifications
Overview of lubrication complexity
- Introduction to special lubricants: composite, graphite, PTFE, molybdenum sulfide, etc.
- General application limitations for lubrications
- Lubricating Systems and Features
- Fundamentals and analysis of lube oils
- Lubrication system of centrifugal and reciprocating compressors
- Lubrication system of diesel, gas engines, and gas turbine
Outline essentials of gearboxes
- Foundation and functionality of gearboxes
- Specific types of gears and their requirements
- Gear ratio calculations
- Key components of gearboxes
- Gearbox construction designs and parameters
Maintenance of gearboxes
- Failure identification and analysis of gears & gearboxes
- Proper installation and maintenance of gearboxes
- Paramount principles of gearbox lubrication Diagnosis of Gear problems
- Determining Gear Mesh Frequencies and Misalignment/Eccentricity of gears
- Identification of Mechanical looseness problems
- Post Testing methodology