Electrical Power System Protection Training
- Online (Microsoft Teams)
- +971 562069465
Velosi is conducting Electrical Power System Protection Training
It is essential that protection systems are well designed in order for electrical power systems to be reliable. Major power outages can result from inadequate protection, which can negatively impact society and the economy as a whole. Understanding power system protection is essential for optimizing electrical infrastructure reliability. With the growth of renewable energy sources and advances in protection and communication technology, designing and operating power system protection systems have become increasingly composite.
Velosi’s extensive course outlines the basics of power system protection and its practical application. During this course, participants will engage in learning the core concepts of electrical power system protection following a realistic approach reinforced with real-world examples.
One of the main advantages of understanding advanced electric power system protection is how well it utilizes the Internet of Things and AI technology. Advanced protection system measurements are integrated into the electrical installation to ensure its reliability and safety.
By the end of this course, participants will learn to:
- Recognize the significance of protecting electrical power systems.
- Comprehend various functioning applications of numerical relays.
- Analyze design protection for generators and power transformers.
- Identify and analyze different application methods for overcurrent devices in industrial power systems.
- Thoroughly understand pilot and motor protection schemes.
- Recognize and implement the structure and roles of instrument transformers.
- Identify, analyze, and implement wide-area protection schemes for industrial power systems.
- Assess the latest advancements in IoT and fast-acting electric protection systems.
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team Meeting. Meeting invites will be shared one day before the first day of training.
Face-to-face training is available as per request.
05 Days of training from 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM GST (UAE Time)
- Presentation Slides
- Study References
Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive an "Electrical Power System Protection Training" course completion certificate.
It is recommended that participants have at least a Bachelor of Engineering degree.
This course is appropriate for a wide range of professionals but is not limited to:
- Individuals who are interested to gain a thorough knowledge of electrical power system protection.
- Technical professionals/distribution/network operators
- Consultants/technical consultants
- Professionals involved in the design, engineering, and maintenance of protection systems.
- Fundamental Characteristics of Electrical Power System Protection
- Introduction to the power system and power system protection calculations
- Utilization of Protection Technologies and Testing Methods of Power System Protections
- Fundamentals of Frequency and Voltage Protection with HVDC Networks.
- Failure Inspections and Techniques
- Compliance with IEC 61850 – Electric Power Protection Systems
- Key Aspects of Utilizing Renewable Energy Resources