Corrosion Control in Gas, Oil & Water
- Online (Microsoft Teams)
- +971 562069465
Velosi is conducting Corrosion Control in Gas, Oil, and Water training online.
Corrosion control is a requirement in the oil and gas industry, it employs technical concepts and processes to reduce corrosion in the most cost-effective manner. Corrosion monitoring alerts users to potentially harmful processes or circumstances that could lead to corrosion-related failures. Furthermore, it shows the relationship between changes in process parameters and system corrosion. Corrosion monitoring is critical for determining the service life of pipelines and determining when they should be replaced or shut down.
This intensive course by Velosi will briefly identify metallurgical problems and highlight effective Corrosion Control strategies that involve investigation, detection, monitoring of process units, and damage reduction techniques.
By the end of this course, participants will learn to:
- Evaluate construction materials used in the oil, gas, and water fields.
- Derive mechanisms and theories of corrosion.
- Thoroughly understand corrosion varieties in oil, gas, and water fields.
- Analyze corrosion monitoring and inspection methods.
- Inspect corrosion control strategies and functions.
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team Meeting. Meeting invites will be shared on the day before the first day of training.
5 Days Training 6 hours 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM GST (Dubai Time).
- Presentation Slides
- Training Recordings
- Study References
Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive a “Corrosion Control in Gas, Oil & Water Course Completion” certificate.
Petroleum engineers, welders, process engineers, inspectors, and inspection supervisors will all benefit from this training.
Engineers who work with the equipment, engineers who work with maintenance, and planners who work with people who work with people who Company Representatives Design Engineers.
Participants can avail discount of either an early bird or group discount whichever is higher with an additional discount when signing up for 2 or more courses.
Group Discount (same company only)
- 15% Discount for groups of 5 or more
- 10% Discount for groups of 3-4
- Sign up for 2 courses and get an extra 10% off
- Sign up for 3 courses and get an extra 15% off
- Material qualities in metallurgy and engineering.
- Testing of materials (destructive testing).
- API 5L and ASME codes are used to identify materials.
- Corrosion's economic consequences.
- Corrosion theory.
- Rates of corrosion and methods of measurement.
- Corrosion due to galvanic effect.
- Corrosion that is localized or pitting.
- Corrosion in the presence of stray currents.
- Corrosion of soil.
- Corrosion in crevices.
- Corrosion Caused by Microorganisms (MIC).
- Mechanisms of wet hydrogen sulfide (H2S) corrosion.
- Corrosion in Insulated Areas (CUI).
- Under the Supports, Corrosion (CUS).
- Corrosion aided by flow (Erosion Corrosion).
- Cracking due to stress corrosion.
- Corrosion between granules.
- Changing the design to protect.
- Active Protection against cathodic action (Sacrifice anode).
- Protection against cathodic action (Impressed Current).
- Protective Measures (Coating).
- Protective paints are available in a variety of colors and textures.
- Ultrasonic testing is used to measure the thickness.
- Examination with a radiograph.
- Coupons for corrosion.
- Probes made of electricity.
- Risk-based inspection with intelligent pigs (RBI).