Reactive Power Management & Power Factor Correction Training
- Online (Microsoft Teams)
- +971 562069465
Velosi is conducting Reactive Power Management & Power Factor Correction Training
Power quality refers to the ability of the power grid to provide a stable power supply. The power flow should have a pure sinusoidal waveform and remain within specified voltage and frequency tolerances. With the rise of smart grids and technological advancements, there has been an increase in electronic equipment, components, and devices, which can lead to harmonic distortions. These distortions can disrupt the electrical network, due to which advanced mitigation strategies are implemented to prevent downtime and outages.
Velosi’s Reactive Power Management & Power Factor Correction training course provides a detailed and systematic overview of the concepts and principles of operation and application of protection schemes for various power system elements. This course is well-structured and emphasizes practical aspects of protection systems, including testing and coordination. Participants will gain a thorough understanding of how to effectively implement and maintain protection systems in real-world scenarios.
By the end of this course, participants will learn to:
- Understand the basic techniques for protecting electrical systems, including fault analysis.
- Identify faults of poor power factors.
- Comprehend protective devices and their functions.
- Study economic factors of power management & power factor correction.
- Calculate the fault currents flowing in any part of the electrical system.
- Identify and analyze common harmonic problems and effective solutions.
- Enhance effective skills to protect electrical systems against faults and high voltages.
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team Meeting. Meeting invites will be shared one day before the first day of training.
Face-to-face training is available as per request.
05 Days of training from 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM GST (UAE Time)
- Presentation Slides
- Study References
Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive a "Reactive Power Management & Power Factor Correction Training" course completion certificate.
This course is appropriate for a wide range of professionals but is not limited to:
- Electric power engineers/supervisors/technicians
- Mechanical engineers/communication specialists/engineers
- Professionals who are interested to enhance their career opportunities in the respective field of Reactive Power Management & Power Factor Correction.
- Overview of Common Types of Power System Faults
- Introduction to Short Circuit Theory and Fault Studies
- Functions of Components of Power System Protection Schemes
- Application Methods of Current Transformers (CTs) & Voltage Transformers (VTs)
- Coordination of Electrical Protection Systems Methodology
- Techniques for protecting feeders against overcurrent
- Transformer Protection Techniques and Applications