Switchgear and Control Applications for Power Plants Training
- Online (Microsoft Teams)
- +971 562069465
Velosi is conducting Switchgear and Control Applications for Power Plants Training
The switchgear is a critical component of any electric power system. An electrical protection system is composed of fuses, switches, relays, isolators, circuit breakers, potential and current transformers, indicating devices, lightning arresters, and other items that prevent malfunctions and damage to electrical hardware. The overall purpose of switchgear power systems is to perform three basic functions: electrical protection, electrical isolation, and control. Mainly, to isolate electrical equipment by using a combination of electrical disconnects. Therefore, it is important to have extensive knowledge of switchgear control applications for power plants and prepare for emergency situations to prevent any hazardous situations.
Velosi’s comprehensive training course aims to provide an overview of all aspects of power system protection and control, including the application, installation, maintenance, and testing of switchgear, circuit breakers, and transformers at low, medium, and high voltages. By gaining a thorough understanding of these critical components in electrical distribution networks, you will gain practical knowledge and gain substantial understanding. The course is equipped with important practical principles and case studies that illustrate its criticality.
By the end of this course, participants will learn to:
- Thoroughly understand and identify crucial functions of switchgear and the protection of induction motors and other components.
- Apply applicable protection methods of motors using electrical switchgear.
- Identify and demonstrate switchgear protection techniques against transients and surges, arc interruption theory, types of circuit breakers, and the testing, commissioning, and switchgear maintenance.
- Grasp knowledge of different types of circuit connections.
- Identify and implement applicable protection systems (primary and backup).
- Differentiate between applicable methods regarding Protection Zones of Real Power Systems.
- Comprehensively distinguish between protective systems and protective schemes.
- Identify and analyze causes of short circuit faults and other electric faults.
- Recognize and manage the Operation & Function of Protective Relays and their function.
- Thoroughly understand the fundamentals of Function & Construction of CT & VT
- Comprehend protective relaying viewpoints and select applicable protection methods of power plants.
- Grasp adequate knowledge and identify instrument transformers for protection applications.
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team Meeting. Meeting invites will be shared one day before the first day of training.
Face-to-face training is available as per request.
05 Days of training from 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM GST (UAE Time)
- Presentation Slides
- Study References
Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive a "Switchgear and Control Applications for Power Plants Training" course completion certificate.
This course is appropriate for a wide range of professionals but is not limited to:
- Individuals who are interested in obtaining knowledge of electric protection and control systems.
- Electrical engineers/supervisors/graduates
Fundamentals of Switchgear
- Types of switchgear
- Application methods
- Control methods
Switchgear in Power Plants and Controlling Standards
- Switchgear functionality in power plants
- Applicable methods
- Controlling procedures
Introduction to Protection Systems
- Why we need protection systems
- Different protection system elements
- Trip circuit connection
Primary and Backup Protection Systems
- Different methods of backup protection
- Zones of protection
- Applications on protection zones of real power systems
Protective Systems and Schemes
- Understanding the meaning and causes of short circuit faults
- Types of electric faults
- Establishment of short circuit current and waveform
- Consequences of short circuit faults
Electromechanical, Static, and Digital Advanced Relays and Current Transformers (CT) and Voltage Transformers (VT)
- Types of relays and their functionality
- Relay protection techniques
- Function and construction of CT and VT
- Equivalent circuit and burden of CT and VT
- Utilization of Current transformers (CT) used in various electrical installations
- Saturation of CTs
Protection Systems Applications
- Thermal protection
- Overload protection
Earth Fault Protection
- Importance of earthen in electric networks
- Different earth systems in low voltage (LV) and medium voltage (MV)
- Circulation of earth fault current