API 570 – Piping Inspection Code & Inspector Certification – Exam Preparation Training
- June 4, 2023 - July 2, 2023
- 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM GST (Dubai Time)
- Total Seats: 5 Reserved Seats: 1
- Online (Microsoft Teams)
- +971 562069465
Velosi Training’s 5 Day course focuses on learning the API 570 Piping Inspection Code for those who wish to become a Certified API 570 Piping Inspectors as well as the delegate will gain knowledge from API 571, 572, API 577, ASME Section V, ASME B16.5 and ASME Section IX. The Inspector Certification Programs of API are based on industry-developed standards that are globally accepted and used. This exam preparation course will cover the fundamental Piping Design with the priority on the syllabus published by the API Organization for the said examination.
This course will define the underlying intents of all code sections, teach participants how to read code rulings, and, in the end, instill confidence in them to make “Run, Repair, Replace” judgments.
- Acquaint participants with the API 570 Code’s major ideas and technical vocabulary.
- Explain the principles of piping design. To compute the thickness of a pipe’s wall.
- Find out the MAWP, flange ratings, and scrap thickness for pipes, fittings, and valves.
- Help participants understand the key concepts of the decline mechanism.
- Introduce students to different ways of evaluating and decision making.
- Identifying cost-effective approach towards making the 3’R’ decisions.
- How to perform repairs, alterations and re-evaluation of piping systems.
- Assessment of future remaining life, Life extension methods for piping systems.
- To help the delegate to pass in API 570 examination
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team Meeting, online. Meeting invites will be shared on the day before the first day of training.
5 Days (Sunday) at 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM GST (Dubai Time)
- Presentation Slides
- Study Reference
Certificate of will be issued upon completion of training.
This course is appropriate for a wide range of professional but not limited to:
- Professionals who are interested in getting the API-570 certification
- Process Piping Inspectors
- Piping Inspection Engineers
- Plant Inspectors
- Corrosion Engineers
- QA/QC Engineers
Here are the qualifications before you take the API 570 Certification.
Education Minimum Years of Experience Description of Required Experience BS or higher in engineering or technology 1 year Supervision or performance of inspection activities as described in API 570. 2-year degree or certificate in engineering or technology 2 years Design, construction, repair, operation, or inspection of in-service piping systems, of which one year must be in supervision or performance of inspection activities as described in API 570. High school diploma or equivalent 3 years Design, construction, repair, operation, or inspection of in-service piping systems, of which one year must be in supervision or performance of inspection activities as described in API 570. No formal education 5 or more years Design, construction, repair, operation, or inspection of in-service piping systems, of which one year must be in supervision or performance of inspection activities as described in API 570.
Group Discount (same company only)
- 15% Discount for groups of 5 or more.
- 10% Discount for groups of 3-4.
- Sign up for 2 courses and get an extra 10% off
- Sign up for 3 courses and get an extra 15% off
- Introduction of API 570 Body of Knowledge
- Piping Calculations
- Calculated The minimum required thickness of permanent blanks
- Evaluating in service piping systems (Existing Piping)
- Injection Point Limits
- Calculate long and Short Corrosion Rate
- Tests pressure requirements
- Requirements for Low Temperature Toughness Tests
- Required and recommended minimum preheats for materials of various P-Numbers
- Heat Treatment Requirements
- Thermal Expansion and Contraction
- ASME B16.5
- Bolting and gasket selection
- Material Verification for New and Existing Alloy Piping Systems API 578
- Repairs and Alterations of Piping Systems
- Welding Repairs
- Inspection, Examination, and Testing API 570 &B31.3
- ASME IX Welding General Requirements
- ASME IX Welding Procedure Qualifications
- Welding Processes
- Welding Essential &non-essential and supplementary essential Variables
- P- Numbers& S-Numbers, F-number and A-number
- Welders test positions & Diameter & thickness qualification and position qualification
- Alternate F-Numbers and Alternate P-Numbers
- Damage Mechanisms Affecting Fixed Equipment in the Refining Industry API 571
- Welding Inspection and Metallurgy API 577
- Hot Tapping and In-Service Welding
- API 574 Piping Inspection
- Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI)
- Soil-to-Air (S/A) Interface
- Corrosion Beneath Linings and Deposits
- Inspection of Underground Piping
- ASME Section V - Nondestructive Test Methods
- Radiographic & Liquid Penetrant & Magnetic Particle AND Visual Test examination