Certified Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Professional
- June 4, 2022 - June 25, 2022
- 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM GST (Dubai Time)
- Total Seats: 5 Reserved Seats: 2
- Online (Microsoft Meetings)
- +971 2 6349815
Velosi is conducting online training for Certified SIL Professional/Expert. This certification is structured in 2 levels which will test the fundamentals of functional safety engineering as per IEC 61508 & 61511.
As an important risk reduction measure, Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) play an important role in most of the process facilities worldwide. Within the context of functional safety, the necessary steps to follow to cover the needs and the requirements for the whole life cycle of safety-instrumented systems are dealt with. In accordance with the requirements set in the associated international standards such as IEC 61508/ IEC 61511 all phases including the design activities, verification & validation, commissioning & start up, the normal operation phase, and de-commissioning phase for safety-related systems that are based on electrical, electronic, and/or programmable electronic (E/E/PE) technology shall be managed during their life cycle.
Provide the delegates with a clear understanding about Functional Safety Life Cycle concepts as per IEC 61511, why there is a need for such concept, its link to PHA/ Risk assessments and how to manage the required steps.
Achieve a thorough understanding on SIL determination, SIL verification, SIL validation and the associated requirements in view of required Safety Instrumented Functions (SIF) realized by Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) to control risks associated with hazardous scenarios in process facilities.
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team Meeting, online. Meeting invites will be shared on the day before the first day of training.
4 Consecutive Saturdays at 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM GST (Dubai Time)
- Presentation Slides
- Study References
- Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive a “Certified Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Professional” certificate.
This course is appropriate for a wide range of professional but not limited to:
- Process & Design Engineer
- Safety Professionals
- Instrumentation & Control Engineer
- Operations & Maintenance Engineer
- Asset Integrity Engineer
- Plant Engineers
- Project Managers
Group Discount (same company only):
- 15% Discount for groups of 5 or more.
- 10% Discount for groups of 3-4.
- Sign up for 2 courses and get an extra 10% off
- Sign up for 3 courses and get an extra 15% off
- A review on Process safety management systems (PSM), definition, importance, evolution, the types and the link to Functional Safety;
- An introduction to Risk Assessment in process industry: definition, importance, principles and expressions; ALARP concept, ALARP demonstration using CBA;
- A review on Likelihood analysis techniques (FTA, RBD, ETA); Consequence analysis concepts;
- Understanding the importance of SIL determination, Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA);
- Management of Functional Safety, Functional safety concept based on IEC 61511;
- Safety Requirements Specification;
- SIL verification, concepts and understanding of different calculation methods and limitations, failure rate data and limitations, understanding of proof testing (complete and incomplete), the associated procedures and effectiveness, the impact of CCF on PFD/ PFH, systematic failure, human factors (Part 1 of 2);
- SIL verification, concepts and understanding of different calculation methods and limitations, failure rate data and limitations, understanding of proof testing (complete and incomplete), the associated procedures and effectiveness, the impact of CCF on PFD/ PFH, systematic failure, human factors (Part 2 of 2);
- ABL (Average Before Logic) & AAL (Average After Logic), the difference and the impact on the reliability assessments;
- Spurious trips; SIL validation;
- Practical industry examples and discussions;
|June 4, 2022||June 25, 2022||Upcoming||Training|
|April 16, 2022||May 7, 2022||Completed||Training|
|March 5, 2022||March 26, 2022||Completed||Training|
|February 12, 2022||March 5, 2022||Completed||Training|
|January 22, 2022||February 12, 2022||Completed||Training|
|January 8, 2022||January 29, 2022||Completed||Training|
|December 4, 2021||December 25, 2021||Completed||Training|
|October 30, 2021||November 20, 2021||Completed||Training|
|September 16, 2021||October 26, 2021||Completed||Training|
|July 31, 2021||August 21, 2021||Completed||Training|