Chemical Safety Training
- Online (Microsoft Teams)
- +971 562069465
Velosi is conducting online training for Chemical Safety Course.
Many kinds of chemicals are used at workplaces, some of which can be hazardous to people’s health, harmful to the environment or contains imminent hazards of fire and explosion. It is imperative to ensure that employees who handle or are exposed to chemicals have sufficient knowledge of the potential risks in order to ensure safe handling and storage. The Chemical Safety Training introduces safe use of chemicals at the workplace, provides best practices for the classification, labelling, transport and handling of chemicals, as well as gives guidance on emergency procedures in case of incidents.
By completing this course, participants will be able to:
- put in place control measures to ensure full compliance with the relevant regulations,
- identify hazardous chemicals and understand their risks,
- adopt standard practices for handling and storing hazardous chemicals,
- develop emergency procedures for chemical incidents,
- significantly reduce the risk of a serious incident involving hazardous chemicals, and
- improve the health and safety culture associated with the use of chemicals in their organization.
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team Meeting, online. Meeting invites will be shared on the day before the first day of training.
This is a one-day course from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (Dubai Time)
- Presentation Slides
- Training Recordings
- Study References
Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive a “Chemical Safety Course Completion” certificate.
Our training is designed for those who wish to improve chemical safety management at their workplace or widen their general knowledge of chemical safety. Participants typically include:
- employees who directly handle chemicals as part of their job and their supervisors,
- laboratory technicians and supervisors, factory inspectors,
- occupational safety supervisors and managers, occupational health care specialists and supervisors,
- those responsible for educating others in the handling and safe use of chemicals.
Participants can avail discount of either an early bird or group discount whichever is higher with additional discount when signing up for 2 or more courses.
Group Discount (same company only)
- 15% Discount for groups of 5 or more.
- 10% Discount for groups of 3-4.
- Sign up for 2 courses and get an extra 10% off
- Sign up for 3 courses and get an extra 15% off
Module 1: Introduction to chemical safety and chemicals used in the workplace
Module 2: Legislative guidelines regarding safe use of chemicals at the workplace
Module 3: System for classification and labelling of chemicals, Safety Data Sheets
Module 4: Major hazard chemicals and potential risks
Module 5: Signs and symptoms of exposure to hazardous chemicals
Module 6: Best practices for transporting, segregating and storing chemicals
Module 7: Best practices for handling and controlling chemicals
Module 8: Emergency protocols for chemical safety incidents
|January 16, 2022||January 16, 2022||Completed||Training|
|December 16, 2021||December 16, 2021||Completed||Training|