Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD), Well Design and Application Training
- Online (Microsoft Teams)
- +971 562069465
Velosi is conducting training for Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD), Well Design and Application.
Managed pressure drilling (MPD) is an essential technique for drilling wells with narrow pressure factors. As MPD is a performance-enhancing solution, this course will highlight advanced technological features setting guidelines for participants to clearly identify and analyze whether MPD is appropriate for your designated well or project.
Velosi's comprehensive training course will provide an opportunity for participants to gain extensive knowledge of different types of MPD systems and design applications. It will also explain the modeling and management of hydraulics load. Moreover, our professional expertise will cover all the important aspects of drilling operations in relation to managed pressure drilling (MPD) systems and design structures.
By the end of this course, participants will learn to:
- Analyze the concept of MPD and its different techniques and applications.
- Understand and identify various segments of MPD systems and their functionality.
- Determine and solve potential gaps with MPD techniques.
- Implement minimum training requirements for installing MPD.
- Execute MPD strategies for cementing and other completion operations.
- Efficiently understand and apply limitations of MPD control hardware and software during secondary well control functioning.
- Identify conventional control systems.
- Understand and execute techniques to maintain primary well control through MPD control systems.
- Identify and analyze detecting techniques for controlling bottom-hole pressure during an influx.
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team meeting. Meeting invites will be shared one day before the first day of training.
Face-to-face training is available as per request.
04 Days training from 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM GST (UAE Time)
- Presentation Slides
- Study References
Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive a “Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) Well Design and Application course completion certificate.
This course is appropriate for a wide range of professionals but not limited to:
- Well and drilling engineers/wellsite drilling supervisors
- Drilling contractors/office-based planning personnel
- Mud engineers, mud loggers, cementers, and service company personnel
- District engineers and drilling operations personnel
- Drillers, tour Pushers, and rig superintendents
15% Discount for groups of 5 or more.
10% Discount for groups of 3-4.
Sign up for 2 courses and get an extra 10% off
Sign up for 3 courses and get an extra 15% off
- Introduction to MPD and its types
- MPD structure types and variations
- MPD operational techniques and control systems
- Drilling fluid systems and surface equipment
- Overview of MPD command and controls
- Introduction to pressure cementing and pressure completions
- Overview of subsea MPD systems
- Limitation costs and standards
- Overview of primary and secondary well control
- Detailed training and simulation requirements
- Case studies with relevant examples
- Discussion notes