Valves & Actuators Technology Training
- Online (Microsoft Teams)
- +971 562069465
Velosi is conducting training for Valves & Actuators Technology
Valves & Actuators are sometimes falsely selected, misused, and eventually improperly installed eventually. The valves & Actuators Technology course aims to provide insights into valves and actuator technology. It will cover essential aspects of different valves such as shut-off valves, solenoid valves, regulators, control valves, pressure relief valves, actuators, and valve components.
Velosi's extensive training course for valves and actuators will target participants to understand design methods and applications of valves and actuators as essential components of the piping systems. Our lead trainers will provide comprehensive knowledge of valve selection, materials, applicable supportive methods, and precise procedures for calculations.
By the end of this course, participants will learn to:
- Understand valves classification
- Identify and analyze major technologies utilized during the final control element.
- Implement basic theory of flow with valve flow calculations (coefficient) in control valves.
- Gain insight into different types of valves and their applications.
- Identify appropriate requirements for trim selection, cavitation control, and noise reduction.
- Determine and analyze ANSI/DN regarding sizing and pressure.
- Study and select the optimum valve-actuator sequence and correct positioner.
- Understand and highlight basic principles of preventive maintenance.
- Carefully implement online valve testing where necessary.
- Analyze Dead band, hysteresis, and stick-slip.
- Identify and analyze applications and limitations of safety relief valves.
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team meeting. Meeting invites will be shared one day before the first day of training.
Face-to-face training is available as per request.
04 Days training from 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM GST (UAE Time)
- Presentation Slides
- Study References
Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive a “Valves & Actuators Technology course completion” certificate.
This course is appropriate for a wide range of professionals but is not limited to:
- Automation/chemical/consulting/electrical/mechanical/design engineers
- Operations and process/process control engineers
- Installation and maintenance personnel
- Production and project managers
- Process and system operators
15% Discount for groups of 5 or more.
10% Discount for groups of 3-4.
Sign up for 2 courses and get an extra 10% off
Sign up for 3 courses and get an extra 15% off
Control valve basic theory
- Valve's definition and Bernoulli's equation
- Valve flow calculation
- Overview of choke flow, velocity, and pressure recovery
- Definition of Reynolds number
- Outline of flashing, cavitation, and trim selection
- Actuator selection and monitoring
Introduction to valve types and construction
- Classification of different types of valves
- Study of control valve seat leakage
- ANSI and PN pressure rating notes
- Definition of packing/stuffing box requirements
- Manual and computer-based valve sizing
Valve characterization and testing
- Deadband/hysteresis testing
- Overview of Stick-slip, non-linearity, online diagnostics
- Bench set testing
- Inherent and installed characteristics
- Cavitation and noise reduction
Valve maintenance repair and safety
- Repair methods
- Standards and limitations
- Overview of relief valves, safety valves, and rupture discs