Certified Fire Protection Specialist | CFPS Course
- December 3, 2022 - February 12, 2023
- 7:30PM to 9:30PM (Dubai Time)
- Total Seats: 10 Reserved Seats: 2
- Online (Microsoft Meetings)
- +971 2 6349815
Velosi is conducting Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS) Exam Preparation Trainings online.
Firefighters rescue lives, prevent property damage, and defend the places where we live and work. When you decide to become a Certified Fire Protection Specialist, you bring that same commitment to your work.
The Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS) credential was created in 1971 to recognize, qualified individuals through certification who are dedicated to curtailing fire loss, both physical and financial, and who have acquired a level of professionalism through applied work experiences and related education opportunities, and through successful completion of a certification examination. This certification is a global benchmark and a long-term career advantage. It certifies competence and provides professional recognition to those who work to reduce fire loss, both physical and financial.
By the end of this course, participants will learn to:
- Present ideologies of human behavior and fire.
- Know all factors related to Fire Protection Systems
- Detection of industrial hazards, fire prevention to protect life and asset.
- Proper handling of fire safety equipment.
- Organize public with proper Emergency Response Plan and Procedures.
- Improve training procedures and programs to educate society how to act safely, reducing the risk of injury or loss of life in the event of a blaze.
- Conduct fire loss investigation and reporting.
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team Meeting. Meeting invites will be shared on the day before the first day of training.
Saturday and Sunday, 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM UAE Time
- Presentation Slides
- Training Recordings
- 700+ sample exam questions
- NFPA Handbook (PDF copy)
Certificate will be issued upon successful completion of training.
CFPS is recommended but not limited to below listed professionals:
- Building Official / Facility Manager / Municipal Inspector
- Fire Marshal / Chief and Inspector
- Loss Control and Risk Manager
- Health / Safety / Security Manager
- Internal Auditor / Inspector
- Consultant / Contractor / Installer
- Architect / Designer
- Electrician / Technician
- Educator / Salesperson
- Business Owner / Partners
- All those who are directly or indirectly involved in Fire Safety related projects.
Individual who meets either one of the below criteria is eligible to take CFPS Exam:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a Fire Protection related discipline* from an accredited college or university, including degrees in engineering fields that are applied to the practice of fire protection; plus TWO years of verifiable work experience dedicated to curtailing fire loss, both physical and financial.
- Associate’s degree in a Fire Protection-related discipline* from an accredited college or university, or a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any unrelated field; plus FOUR years of verifiable work experience dedicated to curtailing fire loss, both physical and financial.
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus SIX years of verifiable work experience dedicated to curtailing fire loss, both physical and financial.
- Applications should be completed online at the CFPS Online Services Portal
- Open Book Examination at testing center
- 3 Hours
- 100 Multiple Choice Questions
- 70% passing Score
CFPS Certification Validity
- 3 Years Validity
- 50 Points
Group Discount (same company only)
- 15% Discount for groups of 5 or more.
- 10% Discount for groups of 3-4.
- Sign up for 2 courses and get an extra 10% off
- Sign up for 3 courses and get an extra 15% off
It is important to remember that while some of the domains correspond both in title and in content to sections of the Fire Protection Handbook (FPH), not all of them do, nor are they meant to be an exact reflection of FPH sections. For example, content area V: Fire Prevention does not have a corresponding section within the FPH, and its content is drawn from multiple FPH sections.
- Safety in the Built Environment
- Basics of Fire and Fire Science
- Information and Analysis for Fire Protection
- Human Behavior in Fire Emergencies
- Fire Prevention: Programs, Materials, Processes, and Environments
- Facility Fire Hazard Management
- System Approaches to Property Classes
- Organizing for Fire and Rescue Services
- Detection and Alarm
- Water-Based Fire Suppression
- Fire Suppression without Water
- Confining Fires
|December 3, 2022||February 12, 2023||Ongoing||Training|
|November 9, 2022||January 16, 2023||Ongoing||Training|
|September 19, 2022||November 23, 2022||Completed||Training|
|August 24, 2022||October 27, 2022||Completed||Training|
|July 20, 2022||September 22, 2022||Completed||Training|
|June 6, 2022||August 9, 2022||Completed||Training|
|April 26, 2022||June 29, 2022||Completed||Training|
|March 7, 2022||May 12, 2022||Completed||Training|
|February 15, 2022||April 20, 2022||Completed||Training|
|December 6, 2021||February 9, 2022||Completed||Training|
|November 8, 2021||January 12, 2022||Completed||Training|
|October 4, 2021||December 8, 2021||Completed||Training|
|September 20, 2021||November 24, 2021||Completed||Training|
|September 23, 2021||September 27, 2021||Completed||Training|
|August 20, 2021||July 22, 2021||Completed||Training|
|March 15, 2021||May 19, 2021||Completed||Training|