Basic Drilling Fluid and Casing Running Process Training
- Online (Microsoft Teams)
- +971 562069465
Velosi is conducting Basic Drilling Fluid and Casing Running Process Training
In the expansive drilling industry, there is a growing need for advanced strategies to effectively manage wells. Basic drilling fluid technology offers a fundamental overview of the design, planning, and execution processes involved in drilling an oil and gas well. Also, the process of running casing in the wellbore is a critical aspect of drilling an oil and gas well.
Velosi’s Basic Drilling Fluid and Casing Running Process training course sets forth an introductory structure to the basic concepts of drilling fluids and casing running. This course aims to equip participants with knowledge about the importance of drilling fluids in the drilling process, the different types of drilling fluids, and how to run casing in a well. The course will also cover the safety and environmental considerations associated with drilling fluids and casing running.
By the end of this course, participants will learn to:
- Identify the different types of drilling fluids and their uses.
- Explain the principles of drilling fluid rheology.
- Describe the importance of drilling fluids in the drilling process.
- Efficiently plan a successful operational well
- Identify common drilling problems and how to avoid them
- Read and analyze a morning report.
- Apply drilling fluids to control wellbore conditions.
- Remove cuttings from the wellbore using drilling fluids.
- Cool and lubricate the drill bit using drilling fluids.
- Outline the key steps involved in running casing in a wellbore.
- Establish safe working practices for running casing on a drilling rig.
- Identify the responsibilities of well-site personnel and coordinate their efforts during normal casing running operations.
- Understand the purpose and functionality of basic casing running equipment, and become familiar with the key steps involved in running casing.
- Run casing in a well safely and efficiently.
- Identify the safety and environmental considerations associated with drilling fluids and casing running.
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team Meeting. Meeting invites will be shared one day before the first day of training.
Face-to-face training is available as per request.
04 Days of training from 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM GST (UAE Time)
- Presentation Slides
- Training Recordings
- Study References
Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive a "Basic Drilling Fluid and Casing Running Process" course completion certificate.
This course is appropriate for a wide range of professionals but is not limited to:
- Petroleum engineers/production engineers/drilling engineers
- Oil and gas industry professionals interested to gain knowledge about drilling fluids and casing running
Introduction to drilling fluids
- Types of drilling fluids
- Functions of drilling fluids
Rheology of drilling fluids
- Properties of drilling fluids
- Controlling the rheology of drilling fluids
Wellbore control using drilling fluids
- Managing formation fluids
- Preventing blowouts
- Removing cuttings using drilling fluids
- Cooling and lubricating the drill bit using drilling fluids
Introduction to Casing running
- Casing types and sizes
- Casing accessories
- Casing running procedures
- Safety considerations for casing running
Environmental considerations for drilling fluids and casing running
- Disposal of drilling fluids
- Drilling fluid toxicity
Q and A