Advanced High Voltage Electrical Protection Training
- Online (Microsoft Teams)
- +971 562069465
Velosi is conducting Advanced High Voltage Electrical Protection Training
Electrical energy demand has been rapidly increasing over the past years which has made hydroelectric power stations a useful resource leading to an overall expansion in transmission voltage levels. Power transfers for large systems, bulk transfers, and transmitting energy over long distances to industrial areas require high-voltage power which needs to be analyzed carefully.
Velosi’s extensive Advanced High Voltage Electrical Protection Training Course is well structured and equips all the necessary knowledge about troubleshooting and fault identification processes in terms of engineering and maintenance with high voltage electrical systems. Through this course, participants will be able to gain comprehensive knowledge about troubleshooting high-voltage systems and enhance their career opportunities in high-voltage electrical protection respectively.
By the end of this course, participants will learn to:
- Identify the different types and characteristics of high voltage systems and switchgear.
- Thoroughly identify faults due to high voltage systems.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of implementing high-voltage protection.
- Analyze and implement suitable troubleshooting processes during faulty high-voltage systems.
- Appreciate the use of environmentally friendly gases in gas-insulated substations and circuit breakers.
- Ensure that switchgear is well-maintained and ready for safe operations.
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team Meeting. Meeting invites will be shared one day before the first day of training.
Face-to-face training is available as per request.
05 Days of training from 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM GST (UAE Time)
- Presentation Slides
- Study References
Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive an "Advanced High Voltage Electrical Protection Training" course completion certificate.
This course is appropriate for a wide range of professionals but is not limited to:
- Electrical engineers/technicians/operators.
- Engineers/professionals interested to gain extensive knowledge in troubleshooting electrical systems.
- Individuals who are interested in enhancing their knowledge and skills in electrical protection systems.
Introduction to Fundamentals of Electrical Systems
- Current and voltage systems/transformers
- Operations of high-voltage electrical systems
Understanding Electrical Protection Systems
- Principles of different electrical systems/circuits
- MVA calculations
- Advanced High voltage failure and troubleshooting
Basic Electrical Testing Procedures
- Injection and relay testing
- Over-graded protection systems
Understanding Theoretical and Practical Key Points of Electrical Testing
- AC/DC pressure testing
- Flash testing
- Testing for safety
- Insulation resistance process
Systematic Approach towards Electrical Protecting
- High voltage protection techniques
- Advanced High voltage systems and identification of faults
- Summary and exercises