Hull Integrity Management Training
- March 12, 2022 - April 9, 2022
- 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM GST (Dubai Time)
- Total Seats: 10 Reserved Seats: 6
- Online (Microsoft Teams)
- +971 562069465
Velosi is conducting training online for Hull Integrity Management Course.
The Hull Integrity Management System (HIMS) outlines the general and key areas for inspection activities and provides a rationalized way to performing inspections of Hull structures that is based on industry standards.
This five-day training will provide you the knowledge and skills you need to comprehend the various forms of faults and damage that can arise in ship constructions. Defects and damage to ship structures can be difficult to spot, and determining whether or not a repair is necessary isn’t always clear. This course will teach you the same inspection techniques that Velosi surveyors use all over the world. Using practical examples and case studies, participants will learn how to recognize various forms of damage and faults and get a knowledge of their origins.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Know the fundamentals of a ship’s hull structure.
- Obtain a better grasp of how to properly assess a hull inspection.
- Recognize the classification and statutory requirements for hull structural integrity
- Recognize the requirements for class maintenance
- Recognize the fatigue defect process
- Be able to identify certain types of faults and damage, as well as their causes, by applying tried and true methodologies to check structures for damage and defects.
- Recognize the importance of thickness measures
- Be able to estimate coatings breakdown and anode wastage
- Know the difference between various classes of shipbuilding steel
- Be able to confidently explain repair approaches
- Know several repair solutions for specific faults and damage to prevent reoccurrence
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team Meeting, online. Meeting invites will be shared on the day before the first day of training.
5 Consecutive Saturdays at 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM GST (Dubai Time)
- Presentation Slides
- Training Recordings
- Study References
- Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive a “Hull Integrity Management Course Completion” certificate.
- Inspectors of hull structures, such as superintendents, masters, first officers, chief engineers, ship officers, technical directors/managers of maritime businesses, consultants, shipyard staff, and independent surveyors, can profit from the training.
Group Discount (same company only)
- 15% Discount for groups of 5 or more
- 10% Discount for groups of 3-4
- Sign up for 2 courses and get an extra 10% off
- Sign up for 3 courses and get an extra 15% off
The below topics will be mainly covered this 5-day course training:
- Hull Integrity Management System Fundamentals
- Hull structural arrangements of Bulk Carriers and Oil Tankers
- Hull strength and failure mode
- Coating and coating failure
- Thickness measurement and interpretation of UT gauging
- Estimation of steel renewal
- Planning and preparation for hull surveys of Bulk Carriers and Oil Tankers
- Case Study of hull inspection & repairs
|March 12, 2022||April 9, 2022||Completed||Training|
|February 5, 2022||March 5, 2022||Completed||Training|
|January 15, 2022||February 12, 2022||Completed||Training|
|December 11, 2021||January 8, 2022||Completed||Training|