VAIL-Plant Software Support Services for EPIC for Three (3) New Wellhead Towers & Associated Pipelines for Water Injection (Lam Oilfield) (Caspian Sea, Turkmenistan)
Velosi was required to carry out RBI for Topsides using PEMS modules, for Pipelines using PIMS module and Structures using SIMS Module. Also, Velosi had to develop and generate inspection plans using RBI assessment results after approval from Dragon Oil as part of VAIL-Plant Software Support Services for Three (3) New Wellhead Towers & Associated Pipelines for Water Injection “Caspian Sea, Turkmenistan.
The scope of this study is to conduct the RBI study for topside equipment and piping at LAM-28, Tower-1, Tower-2 and Tower-3.
- Static Equipment Covered: 15
- Piping: 215
The scope also included Risk Based Inspection (RBI) Detailed Assessment study for following pipelines by utilizing VAIL Plant Software (PIMS Module), which is already been implemented at DOTL.
- 8″ WATER INJECTION PIPELINE FROM LAM 28 – WATER INJECTION TOWER 1 of 1.714 km
- 8″ WATER INJECTION PIPELINE FROM LAM 28 – WATER INJECTION TOWER 2 of 734 km
- 8″ WATER INJECTION PIPELINE FROM LAM 28 – WATER INJECTION TOWER 3 of 1.805 km
RBI study of Structures
- 3-legged jacket structure supporting Water Injection Tower-1
- 3-legged jacket structure supporting Water Injection Tower-2
- 3-legged jacket structure supporting Water Injection Tower-3
Velosi has carried out the risk based inspection study for equipment, piping, pipelines and structure within LAM-28, Tower-1, Tower-2 and Tower-3 platforms of DOTL by adopting semi quantitative RBI approach and utilizing VAIL Plant Software (PEMS, SIMS & PIMS module). The RBI methodology used for Equipment & Piping. This project, is based on API RP 580 and API RP 581. RBI Methodology adopted for the Dragon Oil Turkmenistan Limited (DOTL) structural platforms was based on criteria provided in international codes API RP 2SIM / ISO 19902 & ISO 19904
For pipelines, the threats/damage mechanisms that affect the integrity were identified in accordance with API 571, ASME B31.8S, API RP 1160 and DNVGL-ST-F101.
Velosi successfully carried out the Risk Based Inspection (RBI) study for equipment, piping, structures and pipelines within LAM-A, LAM-B and LAM-C platforms.
- Mechanical Assessment Sheet
- Structure Tag Marked Drawings.
- Asset Registers
- Established corrosion loops and identified the damage mechanism.
- Divided Pipeline into Segments for Section divisioning
- Prepared VAIL-Plant software database
- Established Risk Levels
- Developed Inspection Plans Summary
- Developed Pipeline Inspection Drawing
- Provided RBI recommendation and mitigation to risk management to the
- Acceptable industry level and optimize future inspection.