Structural Modelling, Verification and Certification of Three (3) Numbers Offshore Platforms
Structural simulation, analysis verification and subsequent certification of platforms, is an important part of Dragon Oil Structural Integrity Management System (SIMS). In order to verify and certify the structural integrity of existing offshore platforms, Dragon Oil asked Velosi to perform structural reassessment of LAM-22, LAM-C & LAM-04 platforms together with all other proposed modifications (as part of the project: Structural Modelling, Verification and Certification of three (3) Numbers offshore platforms LAM-22 WHP, LAM-C and LAM-04).
Velosi carried out the Structural Modelling, Verification, and Certification of Three (3) Numbers Offshore Platforms using Bentley Sacs software based on the data collected from client following international codes such as API RP 2A & ISO 19902. Two structural engineers were seconded to client office in Dubai for the first 4 months for the data collection and coordination with client while performing the analysis.
The Simulation, Verification and Re-Certification activities as part of the scope of work covers the followings:
- Inplace Analysis
- Seismic Analysis
- Push-over (for storm loading) analyses (and for seismic loading, if necessary)
- The simulation files (SACS models) and reports prepared by CONTRACTOR shall be submitted to CA for re-certification.
- Carry out required clarifications with CA to make sure all the necessary requirements by CA for certification are satisfied. The COMPANY representative should be in copy of all communication with appointed CA.
Platforms structures shall be certified considering the current condition of platform with reference to as-built drawings and proposed upgrades by COMPANY in IFC drawings, to be adequate subjected to all incident loads (Equipment, Sea-state, Earthquake, etc.) to operate for the next 10 years from the date of certification
Velosi performed Structural Modelling, Verification, and Certification of Three (3) Numbers Offshore Platforms and provided the outcome in the form of reports along with recommendations to operate for the next 10 years from the date of certification.
Velosi developed the following deliverables:
- Basis for Certification for LAM-22 WHP, LAM-C and LAM-04
- Inplace Analysis Report for LAM-22 WHP, LAM-C and LAM-04
- Seismic Analysis Report for LAM-22 WHP, LAM-C and LAM-04
- Pushover Analysis Report for LAM-22 WHP, LAM-C and LAM-04
- Fatigue Analysis Report for LAM-C only
- Strengthening Drawings as applicable.
- Weight Control Report for LAM-22 WHP, LAM-C and LAM-04.
- Design Compliance Certificate from DNV for LAM-22 WHP, LAM-C and LAM-04.