Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & Risk Assessment Services for Hasdrubal Plant, Tunisia
Velosi also updated the Hasdrubal platform piping specification to reflect the right material specification as a replacement plan for the 304/304L bolts as part of this project.
Velosi executed this project with reference to following international standards;
- API 571 Damage Mechanism Affecting Fixed Equipment in the Refining Industry
- API RP 580 Risk-Based Inspection
- API RP 581 Risk-Based Inspection Technology
- NORSOK STANDARD M-001 Materials selection
- UK HSE Guide stainless-steels-performance a review of performance limits of stainless steels for the offshore industry.
Velosi successfully carried out the risk study based on applicable damage mechanism, supporting relevant international standards. The assessment factors were taken from relevant standards like API 580/581, API571, ISO 21457 Petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries — Materials selection and corrosion control for oil and gas production systems & NORSOK STANDARD M-001 Materials selection and UK HSE Guide stainless-steels-performance a review of performance limits of stainless steels for the offshore industry. Velosi has defined the CLSCC susceptibility criteria based on certain assessment parameters like operating temperature, material selection and relative humidity. Velosi also suggested and updated the Hasdrubal platform piping specification to reflect the right material specification as replacement plan to the 304/304L bolts.
Velosi submitted the following deliverables:
- Asset Register
- Root Cause Analysis Report
- Risk Assessment
- Inspection Plan
- Updated Piping Material Specifications