Risk Based Inspection (RBI) Study for KNPC’s Clean Fuel Project MAA Package
Velosi conducted a Risk-Based Inspection (RBI) Study for KNPC Clean Fuel Project MAA Package located in Kuwait in order to assure asset integrity resulting in substantial cost savings and therefore to reduce the risks to Mina-Al-Ahmadi Refinery’s operational objectives.
- Conduct a Risk-Based Inspection (RBI) Study in order to assure asset integrity and therefore to reduce the risks to JGSK’s Mina-Al-Ahmadi Refinery’s operational goals.
- Perform the effective application of RBI principles to reduce unplanned equipment failures and associated plant shutdowns.
Scope of Work
- Carry out Shell RBI (Level-3) assessment for 38 New (Process/ Utility) units, and 41 Revamp and Tie-In (Process/ Utility) units, at construction stage and As-Built stage. It also comprised to ensure the usage of Shell RRM software in the linkage of risks with appropriate inspection, process control or other risk mitigation activities.
Velosi submitted the following deliverables:
- Risk Based Inspection (RBI) Study:
- Risk Based Inspection Methodology/Execution Procedure
- Corrosion Loop Drawings over PFS and PEFS
- Optimized Inspection Plan
- Corrosion Risk Assessment Summary Report
- Risk Management with Inspection Activities
- Data population in Shell RRM software
- API 650 Tank Assessment Results from Tank RRM Module.
- Corrosion Loop Smart Sketch