Evaluation of the Terminal Operations – Middle East Tanking Solutions for Fujairah oil industry zone (FOIZ)
A visual site inspection of the terminal facilities with high level inspection and repair scopes to be developed. The study must ensure that any suggestions or workings must comply with the requirement / standards of the local authorities including the Port of Fujairah, FOIZ, Environment Department, Fujairah Municipality, and Civil Defence.
Commercial analysis and cost projection for remediation activities to be followed by a determination of expansion options. Study must cover cost and timeline for any options/suggestion.
The Detailed Scope of work assigned to Velosi is to perform the:
- Technical inspection of the Entire Terminal Facility (“Infrastructure”) including storage tanks and associated pipelines, dock line, warehouse, pumps and pump house, firefighting systems, utilities etc. Apart from the inspection of the entire facility and the report on the same, the following points in particular also need to be addressed in terms of technical feasibility, cost and timeline:
- Current Product pipeline to be replaced.
- Partially laid SS pipeline to be replaced and completed
- 12 inch MS line to be completed.
- 24 inch MS line to be completed.
- SS tanks full testing and replacement of bottom/shell plate wherever required.
- Review the FOIZ requirements for the operationalization of the warehouse and provide cost and timeline for the same.
- As the facility has not been operational since Sep 2020, conduct a high-level inspection of the assets and suggest any overhauling/repairs to be done.
- Increase in height of current tanks to maximum height.
- Other information for consultant: Key assumptions of modifications required for petroleum facility are:
- Pumps to meet Port of Fujairah Requirements
- Pipelines to meet the pumping of suggested product plan requirements.
- Pipeline connectivity to MM2.
- Other utilities such as power, internal pipelines, venting of existing tanks may require modification.
- Consultant to suggest any modifications required in the existing terminal facilities apart from the above to meet any international codes or standards.
- Review of the EPC related documents, method statements, QA/QC reports and independent 3rd party inspections reports of the facility and check their compliance in accordance with API 650 and FOIZ COP applicable standards and FOIZ fire code.
- Identify defects in the Infrastructure and Process.
- Inspection and assessment of the integrity and suitability of the tanks, Pipelines, pump system and structures for chemicals storage.
- Inspection and assessment of the integrity, suitability of the dock line.
- Examination and Assessment of the existing Terminal Automation and instrumentation system.
- Review of the adequacy of the current firefighting system for the existing terminal and the future expansion and identify any defects as per the UAE Fire and Life Safety Code of Practice and FOIZ Fire code.
- Based on the overall findings suggest the further course of action for compliance, remediation activities, repair, any replacement, overhauled and the cost involved on it, to enable the terminal to meet the requirement of safe, efficient and sustainable commercial operations.
Velosi Reviewed the EPC related documents, method statements, QA/QC reports and independent 3rd party inspections reports of the facility and checked their compliance in accordance with API 650 and FOIZ COP applicable standards and FOIZ fire code. The compliance was checked by developing a specific audit protocol covering all the areas from FEED stage to commissioning stage. Velosi developed course of action plan along with cost estimation for compliance, remediation activities, repair, any replacement, overhauled and the cost involved on it, to enable the terminal to meet the requirement of safe, efficient and sustainable commercial operations.
Velosi successfully carried out the Gap Assessment of the entire terminal facility along with the cost estimation in order to make the terminal operational
- Record Review (Pre Award and Post Award)
- Site Visit, Inspection, Interviews and Gap Assessment Report
- Action plan and Cost estimation
- Final Project Report