Global Reach & Local Services
We operate globally through our associate offices in
Africa, Asia, Europe and Middle East.
Condition Based Monitoring Solutions - CBM
Condition Based Monitoring (CBM)
Condition-based monitoring is a type of predictive maintenance that involves the use of sensors to measure the status of an asset over time while it is in operation. The data that is collected is used to establish trends, predict failure, and calculate the remaining life of an asset. Condition Based Monitoring (CBM) maintenance is only performed when the data shows that the required performance is decreasing.
Through continuous assessment of the assets the Condition Based Monitoring (CBM) solution makes it possible to detect potential problems of the assets at an early stage.
Although, the tool that is used can be expensive to install, and it may be difficult to monitor assets in harsher environments; CBM has the advantage of working while the equipment is in service and does not pose interruption to equipment operation.
- Vibration Monitoring as part of CBM
Benefits of Conditions Based Monitoring:
- Increased uptime/reduced downtime
- Reduction in/elimination of unplanned failures
- Decreased maintenance costs
- Increased asset life
- Reduction in collateral asset damages
- Greater ease in prioritization and planning of work orders
- Increased efficiency in maintenance practices and management
Deliverables of Condition Based Monitoring (Vibration Monitoring):
- Anomaly Reports
- Marked up drawings with Excitation Sources
- Measurement Location for Excitation
Risk-based inspection incorporates the below-mentioned processes:
- Pipeline Integrity Management System (PIMS-Onshore and Offshore)
- Structural Integrity Management System (SIMS)
- Pressurized Equipment Management System (PEMS)
- Inspection Scheduling Management System (ISMS)
- Wellhead Integrity Management System (WHIMS)
- Asset Performance Management System (APMS)
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)