API 580 – Risk Based Inspection (RBI) Training
- Online (Microsoft Teams)
- +971 562069465
Velosi is conducting API 580 – Risk-Based Inspection Exam Preparation Training online.
API 580 is a recommended practice created by the American Petroleum Institute that provides guidance in developing, implementing, and maintaining Risk Based inspection (RBI). It foregrounds safety and reliability through risk-prioritized inspection.
Velosi’s API 580 – Risk-Based Inspection exam preparation training will clearly define the principles and guidelines to execute risk-based inspection methodology in the oil and gas industry. In addition to the knowledge required to pass the certification exam, this course also includes advanced knowledge of defining, conceptualizing, and implementing RBI. Candidates must have at least one of API 510, API 570, or API 653 certifications.
By the end of this course, participants will learn to:
- Identify and conceptualize principles of risk-based inspection.
- Understand and implement basic guidelines of API 580 RBI.
- Efficiently plan, optimize, maintain, and execute successful RBI projects.
- Apply quantitative and qualitative methodology in accordance with API 580.
- Implement cost-effective strategies through RBI.
- Analyze the conventional approach to reliability.
- Portray required knowledge and understanding according to API 580 book.
- Identify and inspect degradation mechanisms and potential failures and execute solutions through RBI.
- Develop competency to pass the API 580 exam.
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team Meeting. Meeting invites will be shared one day before the first day of training.
5 Consecutive Sundays from 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM GST (Dubai Time).
- Presentation Slides
- Training Recordings
- Study References
Certificate of will be issued upon completion of training.
This course is appropriate for a wide range of professionals but not limited to:
- Individuals responsible for conducting risk-based inspection programs in-house or at the factory.
- Managers, refining, and petrochemical engineers and inspectors implementing RBI in the oil and gas industry.
- Engineers and inspectors in process plant and pipeline roles.
- Inspection engineers and technicians willing to participate in API-ICP examination for API RP 580.
- Maintenance personnel, operations managers, and process specialists are expected to make decisions about equipment suitability for continued operation.
You are automatically qualified to take the API certification exam if you have a current API 510, 570, or 653 certifications.
If you don’t have the desired experience, you will be qualified based on a mix of your education and industry experience gained in the last 10 years.
Please use the chart below to see if you are eligible to take the API 580 exam before applying. Your application must include documentation of the needed minimum experience.
Education Years of Experience Experience Required BS or higher in engineering or technology 1 year Any experience in the petrochemical industry 2-year degree or certificate in engineering or technology 2 years Any experience in the petrochemical industry High school diploma or equivalent 3 years Any experience in the petrochemical industry No formal education 5 or more years Any experience in the petrochemical industry
This exam can now be scheduled either at in-person test centers or through remote proctoring.
API inspectors, engineers, other professionals across the entire petrochemical industry to obtain the API 580 Risk-Based Inspection certification as a validation of their profound knowledge of Risked Based Inspection (RBI).
API 580 certification is valid for a three-year term.
- The API 581 exam is 3.25 hours long.
- There are 90 questions, of which only 80 are scored. The remaining 10 are pretests, which are not scored.
- All questions are multiple-choice and closed book. Paper and reference materials are not allowed in the examinations.
- This exam has a set passing scaled score.
- The API 581 Risk-Based Inspection certification exam tests the individual’s knowledge and expertise in the field of Risk-Based Inspection.
- Questions on the exam are based on API RP 581 Risk-Based Inspection.
Participants can avail discount of either an early bird or group discount whichever is higher with an additional discount when signing up for 2 or more courses.
Group Discount (same company only)
- 15% Discount for groups of 5 or more
- 10% Discount for groups of 3-4
- Sign up for 2 courses and get an extra 10% off
- Sign up for 3 courses and get an extra 15% off
- Introduction, what is RBI? Scope of RBI, Purpose, and Use of RBI.
- General Definition of RBI, Risk, Relative Risk, and Absolute Risk.
- Test and Risk Relationship.
- Types of RBI Assessment.
- Qualitative and quantitative approach.
- RBI assessment planning, type selection.
- Awareness of degradation mechanism.
- Overview of qualitative analysis.
- Probability category, subsequent categories.
- Step-by-step method of qualitative analysis.
- Understanding damage factors.
- Identify probability, result, risk categories.
- Creation, analysis, and conclusion of the risk matrix.
- Overview of Qualitative Analysis and guiding principles.
- Inflammatory Effect, Toxic effect, and Business suspension effect.
- Estimating release rate and responding to Leakage.
- Risk assessment, Risk-Weighted results.
- RBI analyses and strategies.
- Probability analysis, Result analysis, Risk management by RBI analysis.
- Implementing inspection strategies using RBI results.
- Inspection effectiveness.
- Optimization of inspection method and frequency.
- Risk mitigation and tracking.
- Reassessment and update of RBI.
- RBI implementation strategies in the oil and gas industry.
- Quiz end feedback and end of the session.