Global Reach & Local Services
We operate globally through our associate offices in
Africa, Asia, Europe and Middle East.
VAIL-PHA Software | Process Hazard Analysis Solutions
VAIL-PHA Software - Process Hazard Analysis Solutions
Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) is defined as the analysis of potential causes and consequences of fires, explosions, releases of toxic or flammable chemicals and major spills of hazardous chemicals. It focuses on instrumentation, equipment, utilities, human interference, and external elements that can possibly impact the process.
It is a key element of every Process Safety Management (PSM) program. The main objective of such analysis is to identify hazards within the subject process by systematically reviewing the process and subsequently eliminating or controlling conditions that could lead to hazardous events.
VAIL- PHA SIL software is Velosi's proprietary software and is built to execute all stages of SIL Classification, SIL Verification and preparation of Safety Requirement Specifications (SRS). The software also supports testing interval and Spurious Trip Rate (STR) calculations of SIFs.
The software product is developed in compliance with ANSI/ISA TR84.00.02, IEC – 615011 and IEC 61508. Various methodologies are available for assessment of target SILs.
- Safety Layer Matrix Method (SIL Matrix) (Qualitative)
- Risk Graph Method (Semi-Qualitative)
- LOPA Method (Semi-Quantitative)
Benefits of VAIL-PHA's Safety Integrity Level (SIL):
- Overview of Safety Integrity Level (SIL) with Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Risk Matrix, and Risk Graph comparisons.
- Perceives dynamic changes and shows risk as well as SIL levels in the Risk Matrix
- Target PFD calculations.
- Calculates the test interval.
- Calculates Mean Time between Failure (MTBF) and Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) along with general reliability data.
- Dynamic reporting.
- Records management of the SIL study session team.
VAIL-PHA HAZOP software tool is used to identify potential hazards to a process system. It was developed by using API 750, API 14J and API 1150 as reference documents.
Benefits of VAIL-PHA's Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) Study:
- Project team and session recording.
- Reporting for project and facility.
- Nodes data and scenarios recording.
- Dynamic action sheet and worksheet generation.
- Analysis summary.
- Allocation of actions and tasks, and priority ranking.
- HAZOP study screen view.