Global Reach & Local Services
We operate globally through our associate offices in
Africa, Asia, Europe and Middle East.
Rigging and Slinging Training
Velosi is conducting online training for Rigging and Slinging Course.
Rigging and slinging are common activities when transporting heavy materials by cranes or pulley systems. Although this process might seem simple, it can be extremely dangerous if not handled properly. Therefore, it is crucial that riggers are well-trained in the best safety and performance practices to avoid unwanted incidents and their entailing consequences.
This Velosi Rigging and Slinging course is designed to equip candidates with the required knowledge and understanding of relevant regulations and provide them with for safe working practices associated with lifting accessories, lifting appliances and lifting operation in general.
By completing this course, participants will be able to:
- understand current legislation related to lifting and slinging,
- apply knowledge of risk management, hazard control & rigging planning,
- differentiate between regular loads and irregular loads,
- select and use chains, shackles, eyebolts and different types of slings, and
- perform crane industry communication methods including hand signals.
Module 1: Owner, operator, and supervisor responsibilities
Module 2: Pre-lift hazard assessments and inspections
Module 3: Chain slings, rope slings and synthetic slings
Module 4: Basic principles of handling moving loads
Module 5: Safe practices for load rigging
Module 6: Selection of correct equipment & correct use of sling angles
Module 7: Communication and hand signals
Module 8: Precautions for prevention of accidents
Mode of Delivery
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team Meeting, online. Meeting invites will be shared on the day before the first day of training.
This is a one-day course from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (Dubai Time)
- Presentation Slides
- Training Recordings
- Study References
Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive a “Rigging and Slinging Course Completion” certificate.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for people who need a working knowledge of safe practices for crane operations. Typical participants of the course include:
- crane operators, crane attendance, maintenance personnel,
- emergency response team members, and
- health and safety officers and managers.
Participants can avail discount of either an early bird or group discount whichever is higher with additional discount when signing up for 2 or more courses.
Early Bird Discount:
- 10% Discount if you register 2 weeks in advance.
- 5% Discount if you register 1 week in advance.
Group Discount (same company only)
- 15% Discount for groups of 5 or more.
- 10% Discount for groups of 3-4.
- Sign up for 2 courses and get an extra 10% off
- Sign up for 3 courses and get an extra 15% off
Total Seats: 20
Reserved Seats: 12
Pay now to confirm your spot and receive 10% off!
Early Bird Discount:
10% Discount if you register 2 weeks in advance.
5% Discount if you register 1 week in advance.
15% Discount for groups of 5 or more.
10% Discount for groups of 3-4.
05 December 2021
09:00 AM to 03:00 PM UAE Time
Online (Microsoft Teams)