Global Reach & Local Services
We operate globally through our associate offices in
Africa, Asia, Europe and Middle East.
Certified NDT Professional Level 1 Training
Velosi is conducting online training for Certified Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Professional Level 1 Course.
This course gives students an overview of the non-destructive and destructive assessment methods used in weld evaluation. This procedure includes learning the principles of various NDT methods, as well as the importance of NDT, applications, limitations of NDT methods and techniques, and codes, standards, and specifications linked to non-destructive testing technology. Students will also learn about essential quality assurance and quality control criteria based on ASQ, ASME, and ANSI guidelines.
The course provides participants with the knowledge necessary to:
- Select equipment to conduct test
- Steps to conduct test
- Familiarize with codes and standards
- Interpret results with respect to applicable codes and standards
- Understand limitation of the test method
- Write test reports
This course outline will provide a solid starting point for NDT practitioners interested in taking NDT Level II and III.
Section 1- Ultrasonic Testing
- Introduction to Ultrasonic Testing
- Basic Principles of Acoustics
- Transducer Operation and Theory
- Basic Ultrasonic Testing Techniques
Section 2- Liquid Penetrant Testing
- Introduction to Liquid Penetrant Testing
- Liquid Penetrant Processing
- Liquid Penetrant Testing Methods
- Liquid Penetrant Testing Equipment
Section 3 - Visual Testing
- Introduction to Visual Testing
- Physics and Fundamentals of Visual Testing
- Visual Testing Techniques
- Basic Visual Testing Equipment
- Visual Testing of Welds
- Visual Testing of Castings and Wrought Products
- Visual Testing Procedures
Section 4 - Magnetic Particle Testing
- Principles of Magnetic Particle Testing
- Effects of Discontinuities on Materials
- Principles of Demagnetization
Section 5 - Radiographic Testing
- Introduction to Radiographic Testing
- Types and Sources of Radiation
- Radiation Safety
- Radiographic Testing Principles
- Radiographic Equipment
- Radiographic Film and Processing
Section 6 - Electromagnetic Testing
- Introduction to Electromagnetic Testing
- Electromagnetic Techniques and Magnetic Flux Leakage
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Magnetic Flux Leakage Theory
- Electromagnetic Testing Instrumentation
- Electromagnetic Sensing Elements
- Magnetic Flux Leakage Sensing Elements
- Conductivity, Coil Impedance, and Coupling
Mode of Delivery
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team Meeting. Meeting invites will be shared on the day before the first day of training.
- 5 Consecutive Saturdays at 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM GST (Dubai Time)
- Presentation Slides
- Training Recordings
- Study References
- Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive a “Certified NDT Professional Level 1” certificate.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for mechanical, metallurgical, civil, electrical, and other engineering professionals who are looking for a short-term professional training.
- High school Grade(12) or Diploma Engineer and having minimum of relevant work experience of 70 Hours
- Degree Engineer and experience is not mandatory.
Participants can avail discount of either an early bird or group discount whichever is higher with additional discount when signing up for 2 or more courses.
Early Bird Discount:
- 10% Discount if you register 2 weeks in advance from the demo session.
- 5% Discount if you register 1 week in advance from the demo session.
Group Discount (same company only)
- 15% Discount for groups of 5 or more
- 10% Discount for groups of 3-4
- Sign up for 2 courses and get an extra 10% off
- Sign up for 3 courses and get an extra 15% off
Total Seats: 15
Reserved Seats: 12
Pay now to confirm your spot and receive 10% off!
Early Bird Discount:
10% Discount if you register 2 weeks in advance.
5% Discount if you register 1 week in advance.
15% Discount for groups of 5 or more.
10% Discount for groups of 3-4.
Start Date: 06 Nov 2021
End Date: 04 Dec 2021
Online (Microsoft Teams)