Global Reach & Local Services
We operate globally through our associate offices in
Africa, Asia, Europe and Middle East.
Certified NDT Professional Level 2 Training
Velosi is conducting online training for Certified Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Level 2 Course.
This course gives students an advanced understanding of the non-destructive and destructive assessment methods using different techniques. Level II personnel must be capable of supervising trainees and NDT Level I personnel. NDT Level II is also responsible for organizing and reporting the findings of nondestructive testing.
Technicians will be able to confidently set up equipment, calibrate that equipment for correct results, conduct inspections according to best practices and procedures, and more after completing NDT Level 2 training courses. They'll also be able to comprehend, assess, and document the measurable signals they discover. NDT Level 2 will be able to demonstrate a thorough comprehension of all codes, standards, and other documents that ultimately determine how a specific NDT method will be applied in a given situation.
After completion of this course, an individual certified to Level 2 will be able to:
- Set up and test equipment
- Execute and monitor tests
- Choose the NDT methodology that will be utilized for the test method
- Define the testing method's application constraints
- Prepare NDT instructions in writing
- Non-destructive testing results should be reported
- NDT codes, standards, specifications, and procedures are translated into NDT instructions that are tailored to the specific working conditions
- Interpret and evaluate the data in light of any applicable standards, codes, specifications, or procedures
Section 1 - Ultrasonic Testing
In the beginning of Section 1, a brief summary of chapters 1 through 5 will be given, which are covered in NDT Training Level I. Lectures on all 13 chapters will be covered in Level II training, with a focus on Chapters 6 through 13.
- Introduction to Ultrasonic Testing
- Basic Principles of Acoustics
- Transducer Operation and Theory
- Basic Ultrasonic Testing Techniques
- Principles of Ultrasonic
- Equipment Calibration
- Evaluation of Base Material Product Forms
- Ultrasonic Testing Applications
- Phased Array*
- Time of Flight Diffraction*
- Guided Wave*
- Evaluation Standards
Section 2 - Liquid Penetrant Testing
In the beginning of Section 2, a brief summary of chapters 1 through 4 will be given, which are covered in NDT Training Level I. Lectures on all 8 chapters will be covered in Level II training, with a focus on Chapters 5 through 8.
- Introduction to Liquid Penetrant Testing
- Liquid Penetrant Processing
- Liquid Penetrant Testing Methods
- Liquid Penetrant Testing Equipment
- Selection of Liquid Penetrant Testing Method
- Interpretation and Evaluation of Indications
- Liquid Penetrant Process Control
- Test Procedures and Standards
Section 3 - Visual Testing
In the beginning of Section 3, a brief summary of chapters 1 through 7 will be given, which are covered in NDT Training Level I. Lectures on all 14 chapters will be covered in Level II training, with a focus on Chapters 8 through 14.
- Introduction to Visual Testing
- Physics and Fundamentals of Visual Testing
- Visual Testing Techniques
- Basic Visual Testing Equipment
- Visual Testing of Welds
- Visual Testing of Castings and Wrought Products
- Visual Testing Procedures
- Elements of Vision
- Elements of Lighting
- Advanced Visual Testing Equipment
- Service-Induced Discontinuities
- Codes, Standards, and Specifications
Section 4 - Magnetic Particle Testing
In the beginning of Section 4, a brief summary of chapters 1 through 6 will be given, which are covered in NDT Training Level I. Lectures on all 15 chapters will be covered in Level II training, with a focus on Chapters 7 through 15.
- Principles of Magnetic Particle Testing
- Effects of Discontinuities on Materials
- Principles of Demagnetization
- Magnetic Principles
- Flux Fields
- Magnetic Particles and Methods of Application
- Magnetization by Means of Electric Current
- Advanced Principles of Demagnetization
- Magnetic Particle Testing Equipment
- Types of Discontinuities
- Evaluation Techniques
- Quality Control
Section 5 - Radiographic Testing
In the beginning of Section 5, a brief summary of chapters 1 through 6 will be given, which are covered in NDT Training Level I. Lectures on all 16 chapters will be covered in Level II training, with a focus on Chapters 7 through 16.
- Introduction to Radiographic Testing
- Types and Sources of Radiation
- Radiation Safety
- Radiographic Testing Principles
- Radiographic Equipment
- Radiographic Film and Processing
- Radiographic Artifacts
- Radiographic Imaging and Viewing
- Radiographic Exposures
- Radiographic Techniques
- Specialized Radiographic Techniques
- Standards, Codes, and Procedures for Radiography
- Interpretation of Casting and Wrought Discontinuities
- Interpretation of Welding Discontinuities
- Digital and Computed Radiography'
- Computed Tomography'
Section 6 - Electromagnetic Testing
In the beginning of Section 6, a brief summary of chapters 1 through 8 will be given, which are covered in NDT Training Level I. Lectures on all 16 chapters will be covered in Level II training, with a focus on Chapters 9 through 16.
- Introduction to Electromagnetic Testing
- Electromagnetic Techniques and Magnetic Flux Leakage
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Magnetic Flux Leakage Theory
- Electromagnetic Testing Instrumentation
- Electromagnetic Sensing Elements
- Magnetic Flux Leakage Sensing Elements
- Conductivity, Coil Impedance, and Coupling
- Eddy Current Test Systems and Analysis
- Selection of Test Frequency
- Eddy Current Testing Applications
- Alternating Current Field Measurement Testing
- Remote Field Testing
- Magnetic Flux leakage Testing
- Magnetic flux leakage Applications
- Electromagnetic Testing Standards
Mode of Delivery
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team Meeting, online. Meeting invites will be shared on the day before the first day of training.
5 Consecutive Saturdays at 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM GST (Dubai Time)
- Presentation Slides
- Training Recordings
- Study References
Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive a “Certified NDT Professional Level 2” certificate.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for mechanical, metallurgical, civil, electrical, and other engineering professionals who are looking for a short-term professional training.
Participants can avail discount of either an early bird or group discount whichever is higher with additional discount when signing up for 2 or more courses.
Early Bird Discount:
- 10% Discount if you register 2 weeks in advance.
- 5% Discount if you register 1 week in advance.
Group Discount (same company only)
- 15% Discount for groups of 5 or more.
- 10% Discount for groups of 3-4.
- Sign up for 2 courses and get an extra 10% off
- Sign up for 3 courses and get an extra 15% off
Total Seats: 15
Reserved Seats: 10
Pay now to confirm your spot and receive 10% off!
Early Bird Discount:
10% Discount if you register 2 weeks in advance.
5% Discount if you register 1 week in advance.
15% Discount for groups of 5 or more.
10% Discount for groups of 3-4.
Start Date: 30 Oct 2021
End Date: 27 Nov 2021