Basic Engineering Study for Fire Risk Assessment Implementation (Phase-1)
Abu Dhabi Oil Company Limited (ADOC) appointed Velosi to provide Engineering Services that included FEED for Fire Risk Assessment services for their Mubarraz Island oil field expansion project located in the UAE.
- Velosi carried out HSEIA for its offshore facilities as per ADNOC CoP V1-02 to recommend some control measures to prevent, control and mitigate the major accident events. One of the recommendations was to review the design and adequacy check of the fire protection system of ADOC offshore facilities.
- Fire Risk Assessment (FRA) study was performed which reviewed the existing fire protection systems and produced GAP report with options of implementation of GAP. ADOC intended to implement the recommendation of the GAP report in Phases over the next 5 years.
Scope of Work
- Producing technically viable, cost-effective designs and technical documentation for Fire Risk Assessment Implementation (Phase-1)
- Preparing EPC contracting documentation for implementing the above designs
- Generating cost estimates for the additions and modifications to the existing system
- Establishing the long lead items and prepare bid documentation for the same
- Updating the project execution strategy and an optimum execution schedule
Comprehensive RBI Program, along with Results and Conclusions:
- Fire and Gas Mapping Study
- Sprinkler System
- Fire-Water Curtain
- Fire and Gas Block Diagrams
- Fire and Gas Layout
- Instrument Index
- Method Statements
- Material Take Offs (MTOs)
- EPC Costing Sheets