The Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- March 25, 2022 - April 15, 2022
- 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM GST (Dubai Time)
- Total Seats: 6 Reserved Seats: 2
- Online (Microsoft Teams)
- +971 562069465
Velosi is conducting The Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) Training Online.
A semi-quantitative approach for analyzing and assessing risk on a process plant is a layer of protection analysis (LOPA). It evaluates the adequacy of current or proposed layers of protection against recognized dangers using an order of magnitude technique.
Velosi has a “learn to ace” approach, our team comprises professional and expert trainers who ensure to enhance your ability and skills through grasping knowledge about the specified course effectively. The training will teach you how to categorize key scenarios and assign tolerable frequencies to detect hazardous events. You'll also learn how to assign risk categories and calculate the number of Independent Protection Layers (IPLs) that should be used. The specification and standards for a protection layer to be accepted as an IPL are also covered in the course.
In workshops, all of the fundamental LOPA stages are practiced, including the use of software tools. A compendium of LOPA research papers, reference materials, and additional reading are also included in the course materials.
By the end of this course, participants will learn to:
- Apply the LOPA methodology and how it's used.
- Efficiently decide if a process needs a safety instrumented system (SIS).
- Build strong knowledge of why safety integrity level (SIL) is necessary.
- Determine if a process requires a safety instrumented system (SIS).
- Build a strong understanding of Independent Protection Layer (IPL) and how do you define one?
- Effectively lead a LOPA study.
- Build a strategy to manage these systems throughout the life cycle of an installation.
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team Meeting, online. Meeting invites will be shared on the day before the first day of training.
4 Fridays at 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM GST (Dubai Time)
- Presentation Slides
- Training Recordings
- Study References
Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive “Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)” certificate.
This course is appropriate for a wide range of professionals but not limited to:
- Process safety engineers
- Loss prevention specialists
- Production engineers
- Process design engineers
- Project engineers
- Process programmers
- Instrument control designers
- Anyone responsible for leading a LOPA study
Group Discount (same company only):
- 15% Discount for groups of 5 or more
- 10% Discount for groups of 3-4
- Sign up for 2 courses and get an extra 10% off
- Sign up for 3 courses and get an extra 15% off
- Concept, purpose, and principles of LOPA
- LOPA methodology
- Selecting scenarios
- The LOPA processes
- Describing scenarios
- Estimating initiating event frequencies
- Independent protection layers and their reliability
- LOPA study and documentation
- Advanced aspects
- Facilitating a LOPA study
- Responsibilities and challenges
- LOPA terminology
- Information required for LOPA and review of
- HAZOP worksheets
- Hazard consequences and target mitigated event likelihood
- Hazard causes and frequencies
- Independent protection layers and probability of failure on demand
- Conditional/event modifiers
- Application of LOPA variations
- Carrying out SIL Classification using LOPA
- Recording methods, software, and reporting
- Common failings and limitations of LOPA
Leading LOPA teams
|March 25, 2022||April 15, 2022||Completed||Training|