Global Reach & Local Services
We operate globally through our associate offices in
Africa, Asia, Europe and Middle East.
RBI, CMP & OSI Study at Jazan Refinery
Location:Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Client:SKE&C & Saudi Aramco
Services:Risk Based Inspection (RBI) Corrosion Management Program (CMP) Study On-Stream Inspection (OSI) Program
- Establish the current risk levels for equipment items and in-plant piping in order to reduce risk through inspection.
- Improve cost-effectiveness of inspection resources.
- Provide recommendations and propose improvements to manage the operational risk to acceptable industry levels.
- ALARP (As Low As Reasonably Practical) and optimized future inspection plans.
Development of an Effective corrosion management strategy that results in:
- Improved plant integrity and safety.
- Reduced corrosion failures.
- Optimized mitigation, monitoring and inspection expenditure.
The main objectives of establishment/optimization of the OSI Program are:
- To validate if all equipment items and piping systems (included under RBI assessment) are covered in the OSI program as per applicable P&IDs.
- Review and validate the OSI program based on API RBI study and applicable damage mechanisms.
- Identify existing gaps, and then give suggestions to revise or update the OSI program.
Scope of Work
RBI, CMP & OSI Study was to be performed for the Equipment Items and Piping Systems of following units in Jazan Refinery for SKE&C and Saudi Aramco:
- Crude Distillation Unit.
- Interconnecting Pipe Rack.
- Refinery Flare Gas System.
Comprehensive RBI Program, along with Results and Conclusions
- Corrosion Loop Drawings and Description
- Inventory Group Drawings
- Inspection Plan
- Risk Analysis
- API RBI Software Databases
- RBI Report
Detailed Corrosion Control Document
- Detailed Process Description
- Major Corrosion Challenges
- Corrosion Control Methodology
- Corrosion Monitoring Strategy and Integrity Operating Window
Established OSI Program
- OSI Drawings for Equipment and Piping
- OSI Register detailing CML Points as per RBI Risk
- Presentation and Reporting of OSI Program through OSI