Global Reach & Local Services
We operate globally through our associate offices in
Africa, Asia, Europe and Middle East.
H2S Safety Awareness Training
Velosi is conducting online training for H2S Safety Awareness Course.
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) is a toxic substance; a level of H2S at or above 100 ppm is Immediately Dangerous to Life and Health. In fact, H2S is one of the primary causes of workplace gas inhalation deaths in the United States. Therefore, it is vital for employers to educate their workers to recognize, assess, and control hazards associated with this potentially deadly gas.
This H2S Safety Awareness course is designed to equip employees with information about properties of H2S, the health hazards associated with exposure, detection and monitoring methods, acceptable exposure limits, proper personal equipment and precautionary actions. The course will also properly prepare trainees for accidental exposure to this deadly gas by equipping with skills and knowledge for emergency response and first aid in an H2S exposure incident.
By completing this course, participants will be able to:
- describe the properties of hydrogen sulfide and its physical and health hazards,
- apply methods for detecting and monitoring hydrogen sulfide levels,
- use proper PPE and take all necessary precautions when working in proximity to H2S, and
- respond appropriately to hydrogen sulfide exposures and emergencies.
Module 1: Physical and chemical properties of H2S
Module 2: Burning and flaring attributes and hazards
Module 3: Exposure limits & methods of detection and monitoring
Module 4: Human physiology and respiratory protection
Module 5: H2S in the Oil & Gas industry
Module 6: Safe working procedures for hydrogen sulfide
Module 7: Personal protective measures for working with H2S
Module 8: Contingency plans & emergency response including first aid
Mode of Delivery
Training will be conducted via Microsoft Team Meeting, online. Meeting invites will be shared on the day before the first day of training.
This is a one-day course from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (Dubai Time)
- Presentation Slides
- Training Recordings
- Study References
Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive a “H2S Safety Awareness Course Completion” certificate.
Who Should Attend
The H2S Safety Awareness training course is necessary for:
- oil and gas workers,
- anyone who works in a capacity that might expose them to hydrogen sulfide, and
- employers whose staff work in position which involve hydrogen sulfide.
Participants can avail discount of either an early bird or group discount whichever is higher with additional discount when signing up for 2 or more courses.
Early Bird Discount:
- 10% Discount if you register 2 weeks in advance.
- 5% Discount if you register 1 week in advance.
Group Discount (same company only)
- 15% Discount for groups of 5 or more.
- 10% Discount for groups of 3-4.
- Sign up for 2 courses and get an extra 10% off
- Sign up for 3 courses and get an extra 15% off
Total Seats: 20
Reserved Seats: 16
Pay now to confirm your spot and receive 10% off!
Early Bird Discount:
10% Discount if you register 2 weeks in advance.
5% Discount if you register 1 week in advance.
15% Discount for groups of 5 or more.
10% Discount for groups of 3-4.
06 December 2021
09:00 AM to 03:00 PM UAE Time
Online (Microsoft Teams)