Global Reach & Local Services
We operate globally through our associate offices in
Africa, Asia, Europe and Middle East.
Constructability Review is a process used during project design to infuse construction knowledge into the design process.
During the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) phase of a project, at an appropriate time agreed between all parties, a constructability review workshop is summoned to review the construction actions and methods. The constructability review should only be carried out when the contractor has developed the processes and details of the construction activities being undertaken.
Velosi carries out constructability reviews to analyze and evaluate the feasibility of construction. The purpose of the review is to evaluate the physical limitations of the worksite.
Constructability Review encompasses the following aspects:
- Evaluation routes and their suitability
- Lay-down and storage area requirements
- Interfaces with process plant
- Availability of job site utilities
- Availability of labor and materials
- Other unrelated construction activities
- Restrictions and limitations on hours of operation
- Physical limitations of construction equipment
- Seasonal influences on the work
- Long lead time items or other crucial activities or equipment that may cause construction delays
- Site safety and security
- Safety aspects of barriers
- Noise mitigation
- Traffic impacts
A constructability review can help analyze and solve various problems before the actual construction starts, minimizing errors, delays and overhead. At Velosi, it is conducted by a team of experienced professionals in construction or similar projects. We have ample experience providing constructability reviews to save our clients' time, money, and headaches during the construction of a project.