Global Reach & Local Services
We operate globally through our associate offices in
Africa, Asia, Europe and Middle East.
Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Assessment Services
Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Assessment Solutions
A Safety Integrity Level Assessment is mandatory in deciding whether the proposed plant design and mitigation are acceptable or not. It is done by quantifying the risks and determining the requirement of Safety Instrumented Functions (SIF) to assure the project meets the proposed safety integrity level.
At Velosi, the SIL assessment is considered as the fundamental element within the plant design and their categorization within the safety integrity levels. This type of categorization plays a direct role in plant safety, its operability, as well as on the investment costs.
Benefits of SIL Assessment:
- Reduces the number of false and unnecessary alarms as well as nuisance trips.
- Allows the declassification of some trips and the lengthening of test intervals.
- Decreases the cost associated with trip testing.
SIL Assessment Deliverables:
- Risk Matrix
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Hazards Analysis Risk Assessment