Global Reach & Local Services
We operate globally through our associate offices in
Africa, Asia, Europe and Middle East.
Instrumented protected function (IPF) as a part of Continuous Reliability Program (PHASE 3) -YANBU
Location:Jubail and Yanbu, Saudi Arabia
Services:Instrumented protected function (IPF)
Velosi was hired by Power and Water Utility Company for Jubail and Yanbu (MARAFIQ) to carry out a Reliability Improvement Program for their facilities located at Yanbu, Saudi Arabia for intended safety and fit for purpose for the next 20 years.
Velosi has successfully carried out Instrumented Protected Function (IPF) which is a safety function designed to achieve a safe state for a specific hazardous event as a part of the Continuous Reliability Program of (PHASE 3) MARAFIQ’s assets which must be met throughout its life-cycle.
Scope of Work:
- Develop global IPF implementation plan
- Leading and supporting the development of MARAFIQ IPF engineering design practices, technical standards and IPF testing procedures
- Reviewing of the IPF Life cycle documents developed in phase2 in concurrence with the developed IPF engineering practices in phase 3
- Ensuring that the documents meet all the required intend of IEC61511
- Providing IPF refresher training sessions for existing facilitators
- Reviewing of SIL classification and verification reports
- Describing the validation of gaps.
- Global IPF Implementation Plan
- MARAFIQ IPF Engineering Design Practices
- Technical Standards
- IPF Testing Procedures
- IPF Life Cycle Documents as per IEC61508/61511
- Gap Analysis Report on Existing SIL Classification and Verification Reports